2007年10月25日 星期四

Something I read from Xanga Day 15

His name is Perry Sham. I was his grade 7 home room teacher back in 1997. He wrote about my album and concert and I was really touched when I read it. With his permission I'm going to post it here. So here we go.

Title: "Is not about buying, is about getting involved."

"It was somewhere around last month that i recieved Adrian Tsing's album. The album was free, but the quality of the album worth way more than money. At first, i didn't agree about his idea of giving out his album without people paying it. He was obviously a very good composer and musician. I did pay for his first 2 album and as well as his previous concerts and they were worth paying. So I didn't understand why he wanted to go back to the street level where people beg for others to listen.

His idea was to ask for donation. There were people that donated $1, or up to a thousand. I supported him of what I could, with my heart questioning whether it would be successful or not. At last, i recieved the album. When I looked at the album, I had a very different feeling from the other albums that I brought from HMV. I felt that I took a part in the album. (Of course, people that didn't donate were all welcome to have one. You can probably still get a free copy.) Because of this, it took the art beyond money. It was a great experience and a great lesson that I had learn.

Adrian Tsing is going to hold a concert in Dec 14th, 15th, and 16th. You can log on to adriantsing.blogspot.com for more details."

沒有留言: